The Drive-Thru Market just got better!
The Market at Pepper Place is excited to introduce our permanent contactless pick up solution: Curbside – a safer and easier “drive-thru” for picking up preordered market goods on Saturday. Curbside ordering will officially open Monday, October 12 with the new one-stop pickup, Saturday, October 17.
Here's how it works:
Step One: Create Your Secure Account to begin shopping!
Step Two: Submit payment to complete your order
Step Three: Check your email for your receipt… don’t see it? Contact us for assistance
Step Four: Drive to the Curbside Check In at Pepper Place on Saturday morning. Remain in your vehicle for a contactless pick up experience. For directions and to view the Curbside Map, click here.
Step Five: Enjoy your Alabama grown and handmade goods at home!
What's new and different with Curbside?
- The Shop has been upgraded to make your shopping experience easier.
- Store Hours are the same as the Drive-Thru Market, Monday 9am through Friday 9am, or until sold out.
- Vendors can now easily update and add new inventory throughout the week.
- The shop is open for browsing 24/7! To view what's available, you don't have to be logged in.
- When you're ready to add items to your cart, log in or create your secure account first. Your account allows you to easily view your shopping history and make future ordering faster and simpler.
- All product pricing includes a 10% convenience fee. This fee helps the Market at Pepper Place cover Curbside operation costs. Please click here to learn more about our 501(c)3.
- Check out is easy: after submitting your order, you will receive an emailed receipt, or you may log on to your account at any time to view your order history.
- As a friendly reminder, all customers will receive an emailed order pick up reminder on Saturday morning at 7am.
- If you don’t receive the email receipt or simply can’t find it, contact us right away and we'll be happy to help.
- Coming soon - SNAP benefits to be redeemable for Curbside orders!
- Curbside Pickup Hours are Saturday, 7am-11:30am. Orders not picked up by 12pm Saturday will be donated to a local gleaning project.
>> Curbside is an environmentally friendly way to pick up goods, with safe, one-stop contactless pick up. Our Curbside staff assembles your order ahead of time, enabling minimal vehicles waiting in line = less stress and better air quality for everyone!
>> Curbside employs Market staff to confirm your order is complete before safely placing your items in your vehicle.
>> Curbside follows all Hybrid Market safety requirements, including social distancing and face covering.
Our goal with Curbside is to provide a safe, contactless pick up solution that serves our Market vendors and shoppers for years to come. Because we’re in this for the long haul, Curbside will be implemented in phases to provide a structure you can depend on. Curbside will launch the week of October 13th with a small number of vendors offering essentials: bread, cheese, eggs, honey, meats, fruits and veggies. Then more farmers, food producers and makers will be added with more offerings each week.
A big thank you to the City of Birmingham for allowing the Market at Pepper Place to temporarily use 2nd Avenue South for the Drive-Thru Market. Thanks to Sloss Real Estate and Pepper Place for allowing us to adapt to a Market model that has operated safely and successfully since the earliest days of the pandemic. And special thanks to our hard-working staff, Board Members, sponsors and community who have given time, money and hard work so that this Alabama certified farmers market, deemed an essential service, can survive and thrive for years to come.